For the first day:
- Remember that the colour is up to 40% darker immediately after your treatment.
- They will start to fade after 4-7 days
- The true healed colour will not be obvious until approximately 4-6 weeks after the initial treatment
- Some redness and swelling is normal after your treatment and will settle within 12-24 hours
- During the healing process the colour may seem to have disappeared, it is simply obscured by the healing process of the skin and you should not be alarmed.
- Under no circumstances should you have any further permanent cosmetic treatment undertaken before your arranged top up
- If you are experiencing swelling using an ice pack protected by a cloth may be applied as necessary
Daily aftercare routine:
- Always wash your hands before applying the balm provided
- Apply the balm a minimum of 3 times daily or as required
- Always use a clean cotton wool bud for each application to prevent cross-contamination
- Keep hair away to prevent any infection
- Do not apply make-up to areas where your pores are still open. Only apply make up to healed areas
Long term aftercare routine:
- In order to keep your permanent cosmetics in perfect condition you may need to have a maintenance procedure every 12-18 months, this varies for each client. Please contact us for costs.
- To avoid premature fading stay away from excessive sunlight and UV rays and use a good sunscreen and moisturiser with a SPF of 15.
- Take care when using skin products that contain glycol or fruity acids, these can fade permanent make-up
- If you are planning an MRI scan, chemical peel or any similar procedures please notify your practitioner that you have had permanent cosmetics
- If you are planning on having anti-ageing injectables or cosmetic surgery, remember these procedures can alter the shape of your lips and eyebrows
- Laser hair removal can fade and change the shade of your lip or brow procedure, always advise your laser technician that you are wearing permanent cosmetics and they can act accordingly
Important – DO NOT’s
- Some itching is normal as you heal, DO NOT pick, peel, scratch or rub the treated area. This will result in colour loss and an uneven healed result
- DO NOT apply make-up until at least 72 hours after your treatment
- DO NOT expose the healing skin to extreme heat, cold or moisture for 2 weeks, this includes direct sunlight, tanning beds, jacuzzis, steam rooms, salt water, chlorinated pools, direct shower spray, hot water, skin creams or ointments other than those you have been instructed to
- DO NOT apply vaseline type ointments to the area for a week. After this time you can use ointments of this type, especially if you are using chlorinated pools and jacuzzis
- If you have had a lip treatment please avoid eating spicy and salty foods and drink liquids through a straw, also refrain from kissing